Procedures for Docketing a Redacted Version of a Sealed Event
Pursuant to Amended Local Rule CV-5(a)(7)(E)
Effective December 1, 2017
Local Rule CV-5 (a) (7) Sealed Documents.
(E) Except as otherwise provided by Local Rule CR-49, a party filing a document under seal must publicly file a version of that document with the confidential information redacted within two days, unless the entire document is confidential information. For purposes of this rule, “confidential information” is information that the filing party contends is confidential or proprietary in a pending motion to file under seal; information that has been designated as confidential or proprietary under a protective order or non-disclosure agreement; or information otherwise entitled to protection from disclosure under a statute, rule, order, or other legal authority.
1. Docket the redacted version of your sealed document using the event code “Redacted Document”, which is located under Other Filings-Other Documents (civil and criminal).
2. After clicking Next, type in case number and click continue.
3. Link the redacted document to your sealed document by selecting the
prompt “Should the document you are filing link to another document in
4. Click Next for linkage.
5. Select your sealed document that you want to link to and click Next.
6. Your docket text should look like the sample below.
You may add text to the edit box. After clicking Next your final window text will appear. After you click Next on the final screen, you have completed your docket entry.