Records Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a docket sheet, pleading, etc from an archived case? You can view all docket entries of civil cases from 1990 and 1992 for criminal cases to present through the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service or on the public terminals in each divisional office except Marshall. To subscribe to PACER, call 1-800-676-6856.
Can I look up cases for the whole Eastern District of Texas in any division? Yes. Our computer records cover the entire district.
How can I see a sealed document? By order of the court.
How do I verify a document for use in an action involving another country? For authentication of documents in cases on file with the federal court, contact the U.S. District Clerk's Office in the division the case originated.

How far back do the case and party records go? Information on party names for cases opened between 1952-1989 for civil cases and 1952-1992 for criminal cases is available on the public terminals in each division. Computer records for civil cases begin in 1990 for civil cases and 1992 for criminal cases
How do I get a transcript? See Procedures for Requesting Transcripts. If a transcript is on file in the Clerk's Office, you may make a copy of it.
How can I sign up to receive orders and judgments by email? The registration form to sign up for electronic filing and noticing is on our website.